Learn How to Send a Fax
Using a Fax Machine
Although fax machines are artifacts from the 1980s, they are a tried-and-true solution that you sometimes have to use. Dialing from one country to another isn't too difficult, but there are some caveats. You are going to need the following:
- The international dialing prefix of the country you are in.
- The country code of the country you are faxing.
- The area code and number of the target fax machine.
Click above to get country codes, or continue reading for another solution that is faster and cheaper.
Sending a Fax Online
Go Paperless and get your fax sent almost instantaneously!
The top two online fax services allow international faxing via email, web interface, or smartphone app. Both are inexpensive and probably cost less than the single long-distance phone call. You've literally got nothing to lose by giving them a try.
You can also use these online services to send or receive your documents internationally. You'll be given a traditional phone number that you can share as your fax number, but documents sent to it appear on your phone and in email instead. The other parties won't even know you don't have a real fax machine unless you tell them.
Although many small businesses still use traditional fax machines, the benefits of going paperless with online faxing are many!
- You can eliminate the monthly expense for a dedicated phone line.
- You will no longer have to buy paper or toner/ink cartridges.
- No more maintenance or repairs of aging hardware.
- Most online fax services offer a 30-day free trial and cost less than $10 per month. Some will allow you to send the first fax for free.
Escape the Office
- Incoming faxes will arrive in your regular email inbox and your smartphone.
- You won’t have to be at the office to send or receive important documents.
- You can send international faxes using your email or smartphone.
- Documents arrive quicker over the internet than they do over a phone connection.
- Important documents can be backed up and shared with others quickly.
- Junk faxes and SPAM can be deleted with a click; no paper or ink get wasted.
- No need to file paperwork. Hard copies can be printed only as needed.
- Electronic documents are easier to read than printed versions — especially prints and schematics.
- It is very easy to resend documents that were lost or not received on the other end.